Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all off to a great start this year!

I have been on complete overload.   My 26 first graders are busy with one to one Chromebooks, while I, the teacher am busy every day learning about Google Apps for Educators and ways to get going with technology.   It is a complete shift in how I do business having students using Chromebooks daily.  I have been going to "teacher school" on Mondays where teachers on special assignment have been helping me navigate through Google Classroom, Google Forms, etc.   It truly has so many possibilities and I can see the shift in the tools that we will be using.   My students are also hooked up to over a dozen educational websites on their little Chromebooks.   I love that they keep them in their desks and use them throughout the day.

On top of all that, I have been involved in piloting for language arts.   We started with National Geographic and now we are using Houghton Mifflin's Journeys.   Learning two entire new sets of curriculum and all that they have to offer has been a bit much, but I love trying new things. Every day is an adventure!  Right?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Welcome!
Hi! I am Gena Wolfson. I have been teaching for 29 years! I have taught many grades, but first grade is where my heart sings! I am a happy wife, proud mother to Sara and Jack, scrapbooker, gardener, Disney lover and Southern California Native.